2021/22 TRYOUTS INFO
DUCHESNE CAMPUS | WELLNESS CENTER
3645 Main Hwy, Miami FL 33133
EARLY TRYOUTS | TUESDAY, JUNE 29 2021
* If you're out of town on the week of July 19-25, come to our Early tryouts on June 29 for an assessment, before our official tryouts.
EARLY TRYOUTS: All Ages Tuesday, June 29, 6:45-8:30 PM | Carrollton School
MAIN TRYOUTS |
FROM JULY 20 to JULY 25 2021
* U11: Tuesday, July 20 | 6:30-8:30 PM | Carrollton School
* U12: Tuesday, July 20 | 6:30-8:30 PM | Carrollton School
* U13: Tuesday, July 20 | 6:30-8:30 PM | Carrollton School
* U14: Thursday, July 22 | 6:30-8:30 PM | Carrollton School
* U15: Thursday, July 22 | 6:30-8:30 PM | Carrollton School
* U16: Sunday, July 25 | 4:30-6:30 PM | Carrollton School
MAKE UP TRYOUTS |
SUN, JULY 25, AND SUN, AUG 15
* MAKE UP U11-U12-U13-U14-U15: Sunday, July 25 | 4:30-6:30 PM | Carrollton School
* ALL AGES MAKE UP: Sunday, August 15 | 3:00-5:00 PM
* Online registration ONLY: $45
* Please do not arrive earlier than 15 minutes before your Tryout.
* We will potentially FILL our teams at the first round of tryouts.
- We HIGHLY encourage you to attend our Early tryout dates. After the Tryout is complete, we will post our Team Openings and will have Make Up Tryouts to fill those positions.
* Additional Make Up tryouts could be added in August based on openings.
*After the Tryout is complete, we will email you a Team Placement and you will have 24 hours to accept/decline your Placement.
2021/22 SEASON | INFO
Visit our 2022 Season Webpage to get more info.
2021/22 SEASON | PARENTS MEETING
Miami Wave organized multiple Parents Meeting on Zoom and Demio. To have access to the handout, click the button below.
WHAT AGE DO I TRY OUT FOR?
Once a player participates (including but not limited to practicing, training, attending workouts and/or competing) in a club or varsity program for any university, college, community college, or junior college, he/she is ineligible to take part in any regional and national programming, which includes but is not limited to national JNC qualifying and championship events.
18 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2003 or Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2002 and a high school student in the 12th grade during some part of the academic year.
17 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2004
16 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2005
15 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2006
14 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2007
13 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2008
12 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2009
11 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2010
TRYOUTS FREQUENT QUESTIONS ?
Q: What should I wear to tryouts?
A: A t-shirt (we recommend long sleeves for diving!), shorts or leggings, kneepads (optional), hair pulled back, and court shoes or non-marking athletic shoes. Please change into your shoes at the gym to help us keep our courts clean.
Q: I am young/old for my grade. What’s my age group for club volleyball?
A: Please refer to the above age chart to determine which age group to try out for. We will occasionally recommend that an athlete move up an age group to keep players in the same grade together or if the directors believe it will benefit the athlete and the team. We will try to keep athletes in the same grade together as much as possible.
Q: What do I need to bring to tryouts?
A: You MUST bring your current AAU membership card No exceptions! We are not set up to handle AAU registrations on-site, so please do this ahead of time.
Q: I'm a parent. Can I watch tryouts?
A: Parents and guardians are encouraged to wait in the lobby area of the Wellness Center and may only watch the last ten minutes of their athlete's tryout sessions. The tryout will be closed to staff and athletes only up to that point. Please note that parents and guardians may not go onto the courts or address the court coaches and evaluators at any time during tryouts.
Q: How soon after tryouts will we find out about team placement?
A: We will begin to offer spots in our teams on the first day of tryouts for the age groups and will continue to form the teams through the makeup tryouts. You will find out no later than 48 hours after tryout for your age group via the email or phone you provided during registration.
Q: I am getting pressured by another club to commit to their team – what should I do?
A: Don’t be pressured; call us first at 754-300-6306! We may not be able to guarantee a spot if tryouts are ongoing, but we believe in transparency throughout this process and will be very honest about where you stand.
Q: Are you going to be out of town for the whole summer, are you injured or is your family planning to move to Miami with the new school year and you cannot participate to any of our tryouts sessions?
A: Register to our main tryouts and send us a highlights video and a presentation email letter and we will evaluate it.