2023/24 TRYOUTS INFO
DUCHESNE CAMPUS | WELLNESS CENTER
3645 Main Hwy, Miami FL 33133
EARLY TRYOUTS | SUNDAY, JUNE 4 2023
*U11-U12 SUNDAY, JUNE 4, 9:30 AM-11:30 AM | Carrollton School
*U13 SUNDAY, JUNE 4, 12:00-2:00 PM | Carrollton School
*U14 SUNDAY, JUNE 4, 2:30-4:30 PM | Carrollton School
*U15-U16-U17 SUNDAY, JUNE 4, 5:00-7:30 PM | Carrollton School
TRYOUTS | JULY 2023
*U11-U12 MONDAY, JULY 17, 7:15-9:15 PM | Carrollton School
*U13-U14 THURSDAY, JULY 13, 7:15-9:15 PM | Carrollton School
*U15-U16-U17 FRIDAY, JULY 14, 7:15-9:15 PM | Carrollton School
MAKEUP TRYOUTS |
TBD AUGUST (ONLY IF STILL OPEN SPOTS)
* Online registration ONLY: $60
early tryouts | JUNE
* EARLY TRYOUTS are held in June to simplify summer plans for those families that are not planning to be in town in July.
* Miami Wave staff will evaluate the players that will attend that session and results will be announced via email and text message at the end of June, when the AAU Nationals and USAV Nationals will be over.
* For those players that will receive an offer letter, families will have 24 hours to accept/decline the spot in the team.
* Miami Wave will tentatively fill 50-80% of the spots during the EARLY TRYOUTS session.
* We HIGHLY encourage you to attend our Early tryout dates.
tryouts | JULY
* Miami Wave will hold tryouts in July to potentially fill all the 2023/24 season teams.
* You will receive an email and text message from Miami Wave 48-72 hours after the end of your tryouts session with the evaluation result.
MAKE UP tryouts | AUGUST
* In case needed, Miami Wave will hold an additional session at the beginning of the school year (date TBD)
* Are you injured? Are you moving to Miami later this summer? Register to our tryouts, click on the video evaluation, paste the link to a highlight video and a full game and send us a presentation email.
2023/24 SEASON | INFO
Visit our 2023/24 Season Webpage to get more info.
2023/24 SEASON | PARENTS MEETING
We will run several Zoom Meetings to share info about Miami Volleyball Club and the 2023/24 season. All the details will be shared soon on the website and to everyone registered to the tryouts.
WHAT AGE DO I TRY OUT FOR?
Once a player participates (including but not limited to practicing, training, attending workouts and/or competing) in a club or varsity program for any university, college, community college, or junior college, he/she is ineligible to take part in any regional and national programming, which includes but is not limited to national JNC qualifying and championship events.
17 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2006
16 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2007
15 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2008
14 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2009
13 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2010
12 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2011
11 and under division: Players who were born on or after July 1st, 2012
TRYOUTS FREQUENT QUESTIONS ?
Q: What should I wear to tryouts?
A: A t-shirt (we recommend long sleeves for diving!), shorts or leggings, kneepads (optional), hair pulled back, and court shoes or non-marking athletic shoes. Please change in to your shoes at the gym to help us keep our courts clean.
Q: I am young/old for my grade. What’s my age group for club volleyball?
A: Please refer to the above age chart to determine which age group to try out for. We will occasionally recommend that an athlete move up an age group to keep players in the same grade together or if the directors believe it will benefit the athlete and the team. We will try to keep athletes in the same grade together as much as possible.
Q: What do I need to bring to tryouts?
A: You MUST bring your current AAU membership card No exceptions! We are not set up to handle AAU registrations on-site, so please do this ahead of time.
Q: I'm a parent. Can I watch tryouts?
A: Spectators are not allowed in the Wellness Center at any time. The tryout will be closed to staff and athletes.
Q: How soon after tryouts will we find out about team placement?
A: If you're coming to the June Tryouts, offer letters will START to be sent at the end of the AAU/USAV Nationals. June Tryouts will be managed as a sort of College Early Admission and around 50%-80% of the available spots will be filled during the June Session. If you're coming to the July Tryouts, we will continue to offer spots in our teams starting on the day after tryouts. on the first day of tryouts for the age groups and will continue to form the teams through the makeup tryouts. You will find out no later than 72 hours after tryouts for your age group via the email or phone you provided during registration.
Q: I am getting pressured by another club to commit to their team – what should I do?
A: Don’t be pressured; call us first at 754-300-6306! We may not be able to guarantee a spot if tryouts are ongoing, but we believe in transparency throughout this process and will be very honest about where you stand.
Q: Are you going to be out of town for the whole summer, are you injured, or is your family planning to move to Miami with the new school year and you cannot participate in any of our tryouts sessions?
A: Register for our main tryouts and send us a highlights video and a presentation email letter and we will evaluate it.